COVID-19 CLINIC PROTOCOLS
With the ongoing concern of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) we would like to reassure our patients current and new, that we are still open and accepting appointments as usual, for as long as it is safe to do so.
Our primary concern is the safety & wellbeing of our patients, staff and the community. We will take extra measures to ensure that we can safely provide treatment to our patients while aiming to minimise any potential risk.
If you meet any of the following criteria we ask that you please postpone your appointment for 14 days to allow for self-quarantine:
- Recently travelled overseas
- Have any cold or flu symptoms especially fever, cough, sore throat, fatigue, shortness of breath or are feeling generally unwell
- Been in close contact with anyone who meets the above criteria
If you are experiencing symptoms including fever, sore throat, dry cough, fatigue, shortness of breath OR have recently been in contact with anyone confirmed to be infected with COVID-19, please self isolate and seek further medical advice.
National Coronavirus Helpline – 1800 020 080
We have implemented several procedures based on the World Health Organisation (WHO) guidelines for the safety of our patients and staff:
- All staff have completed Australian Government Department of Health eLearning Course in COVID-19 Infection Control Training
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting of treatment tables and other consult rooms surfaces
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of common clinic areas
- Washing and/or using hand sanitizer between patients
- Providing hand sanitizer and asking patients to either sanitize or wash their hands before & after appointments
- Avoiding cash as a payment method where possible
- All magazines and toys have been removed from the waiting room
- Increased distance between chairs in our waiting room
Thank you for helping to make Fortitude Chiropractic a safe place for our patients & staff.
If you have any further queries or concerns please do not hesitate to contact our team on (08) 6184 8835.
coming soon – online video consultations
With a lot of people likely to be confined to self isolation over the coming weeks/months, we have decided to offer online video consultations, from the comfort of your own home!
Although as Chiropractors we do utilise a variety of ‘hands on’ treatments, online video consults still allow us to provide an assessment, offer advice and education & put together a home exercise plan, helping you manage your condition and provide relief even if you can’t make it into the clinic.
What we include in an Online Video Consult
- Video assessment
- Education & Advice on at home management
- Structured home exercise program